Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!

Well with the 2008 holiday season officially over I have finally found a moment to tell everyone how wonderful the holiday season has been. Lets start with Christmas.....

As most of you know from reading this blog or Eddie's blog we had a very busy schedule on Christmas. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve Dinner with all of the Greenwoods and O'Connells (who were visiting from out of town for the holidays). After dinner Eddie and Craig played their guitars for us and my beautiful niece Abby read us all The Night Before Christmas. When Eddie and I got home we did our traditional opening of the stockings and we watched Charlie Brown Christmas.On Christmas morning Eddie and I were up at 6 am to exchange gifts with each other. Eddie got the Guitar Hero Band Tour kit he was wanting, along with other video games, clothing and a few other things he had asked for. Eddie got me some oil painting supplies, books I was wanting and you will never guess what else...... He got me a Pottery Wheel. If you know me, a potter wheel has been on my wish list for every Christmas and birthday since like 1999. I love throwing on the wheel but I have not been able to lately because how far away the studio I currently go to is from my house, but now I will have my own studio. Anyway I am getting a little off subject. Santa also made a special visit to our house and brought Eddie and I, HIS and HERS Laptop computers. I am really starting to like this Santa guy. After that we packed up the pathfinder and started our drive through a blizzard to the Greenwoods. When we finally got there the power to the house was out. In most cases this would be a bad thing, but it was actually really fun we opened present by candle and flashlight. Abby and Ally were so much fun to watch open their gifts, like my friend Joan always says " There is nothing like seeing Christmas through a child's eyes".
Once we wrapped up Christmas morning with the Greenwoods we went back our house. My family meet us there and we opened gifts and had a wonderful prime rib dinner, with baked potatoes, corn, green bean casserole and wonderful desserts that Destiny made. The highlight of the evening was when we played this Joke game were you have to make up your own punchline. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Even with the blizzard that went all day, the power outage and all the running around we did that day, I have to say it was one of the best Christmas holidays I have ever had. I had all of my family with me The Greenwoods, The Kerrs, O'Connells and The Ins I am so blessed to have such a great family.

Now onto New Years.....
Eddie and I don't have the best track record for the new years....... something always seems to go wrong. WELL NOT THIS YEAR !!!!! Eddie and I had one of the best new years ever. We spent the new years with our good friends Joan and Dayn. I tell you what!!!! they are the world best hosts, they made bread bowls and clam chowder plus a bunch of other yummy treats. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the new year!!!!

After this really long post I leave you with some pictures from Christmas eve and morning (you won't see any of the Kerrs because I was having camera problems sorry)











4 comments:

AshliO said...

Great update. It was the best Christmas ever! I love the picture of Eddie kissing you -- the look on your face is priceless ... haha!

ed'WORD' said...

The look on her face is NOT pricless. Its worthless! How could she even have a face like that when I AM kissing her!

Jujusma said...

Sorry, Eddie. i agree with Ashli. Priceless. Hysterical. Karma coming back to bite you for stealing back what I was told was our Christmas gift! ~

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

Yeah for christmas pics!!! So glad that you had a great holiday.