Friday, December 19, 2008

My 5 Year Plan

I know that you are probably expecting this post to be about goals Eddie and I have in the next five years in regards to our finances and our lifestyle....... although we do have those goals, that is not what this post is about.
The 5 year plan I am talking about is in regards to Christmas decoration, more specifically ornaments. I know that most people enjoy decorating their Christmas tree with the same theme ever year. NOT ME!!! I enjoy decorating the tree with a different color and theme every year. Now, I know what you are thinking “Can’t that get expensive having to buy new ornaments every year?" (At least that is what Eddie says) and yes it can. So that is how I came up with my 5 year plan.
You see, for the last three years we have bought new ornaments with different colors and themes for the tree. I figured out if I continue to buy new/different ornaments for two more years (making a total of 5 years worth of ornaments totaling about 10 to 15 different colors/themes). I will not have to purchase new ornaments for another 5 to 7 years after that and still be able to have a different themed Christmas tree until the year 2017. How is all that possible you ask? Because of all the mixing and matching I will be able to do with such a large variety. I know Eddie is rolling his eyes as he reads this post but I think it is a great/ logical Idea (logical for a woman that is obsessed with decorating at least).
Now to support my idea I am posting pictures of our currently decorated tree and home, so that you can see how cute it is and leave you wanting to see cool and new it will look next year. ENJOY!!!!!








5 comments:

ed'WORD' said...

::rolling eyes::

Tyson Gerber said...

I love all the decor. Where would Britt's house be without massive decor? From a financial point of view -I actually like your thinking. Plan now. Have fun later!!

Martha

AshliO said...

Martha Stewart, move on over and make room for "AUNT BRITTANY!"

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

cute cute.... you have plan. that's got work in your favor!

Anonymous said...

so pretty! Just wait till you have kids....hehe:) Our tree has only our Simpsons ornaments on it, and they are up high. We have poinsettias but Dade takes those out and chews on them...No decorations until next year for me. Yours are beautiful, though!!