Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Doing The Math!!!


My goal is to lose 20 pound by September 20th. I have lost 5 of the 20 pounds so far. That leaves 15 pounds I need to lose in a little under 7 weeks. That means I need to lose around 2.5 pounds a week to reach my goal. There are 48 days until September 20th, I have to lose about 0.3125 pounds a day. I think I can handle that.

I want to lose 20 pounds...
  • For my Health.
  • For my Self Esteem.
  • To be able to know in my mind that my husband thinks I look hot without him having to tell me everyday like he does now.
  • To look at my body in the mirror and truly like what I see.
  • To not freak out at the thought of wearing a Bikini in public.
  • To weigh what I weighed 2 years ago.
  • To be a size 4 again... well at least a loose size 6.
  • For the simple fact that I don't want to be one of those wives that "let's her self go", just because I know my husband would love me anyway (and he would).
  • To say I did It. " I lost 20 pounds".
  • So when I watch TV, look at a magazine or see my friends I don't wish I had their body.
  • To save my husband's sanity from having to tell me I am not to fat ten times a day.
  • To save my sanity from having to ask my husband if I look fat, just to fell better about my body when he tells me I'm not.
  • Because in the process I will learn how to kick box and hand out with Beckah more.
  • Because in the process it is fun working out with my husband.
  • To feel healthy and to be a healthy weight for my body size.
  • To be proud of myself.

My Husband doesn't think I need to loose the weight, but knows if I do I will be a lot happier with myself. He also knows that I do a lot better if I have a little extra incentive to reach my goals. He has offered me to really great incentives If I reach my goal by September 20th...

He will give me $200.00 Shopping spree for all new clothing.

And best of all if I can maintain the weight I lost until December 31st, I can have another puppy. I want a Newfoundland or a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

My biggest obstacles when it comes to losing the weight...

  • My mind set, most days I really don't think I can do it.
  • I really need a better scale the one I have really doesn't work very well.
  • I love to eat deep fried foods.
  • Chocolate tastes better to me when I eat it by the pounds.
  • I like to cook what I want to eat for dinner rather then what really would be good for me to eat.
  • I ate a big mac for the first time in 6 months last week (while baby sitting London) and now all I want are big macs. (although I haven't acted on the want)
  • My motivation to exercise comes from the chance to be with the person I am exercising with, when no one my motivation isn't either.
  • I eat health food 90% of the time. I just eat a lot of it, why have a half a breast of chicken when I can have 2.
  • I am really not as educated as I could be about what foods are really good for me, I eat what I know is good but what I know is good is limited.

My Biggest help when it comes to loosing weight...

  • My husband is so positive about this all.
  • I love to eat fruit.
  • I like to work out when I finally get my butt in gear.
  • I enjoy new recipes, I just need to find health ones.
  • I am always up for a challenge
  • I have already lost 5 pounds
  • I have a goal date.
  • I have incentive
  • I am so tired of being unhappy with my body, I have to do something about it.
  • I drink water like it is going out of style.
  • Ever once and a while I actually think I can do this.

I am not posting this so I can hear "You don't need to lose weight" I would actually prefer if I never heard that statement again. I am posting this for 1) If more people know my goals I feel more accountable for my actions and it motivates me (It is like a challenge). 2) I need constructive criticism and last but not least I am always open to new ideas and helpful tips. So if you have any experience in this area please feel free to share your thoughts.

Peace, Love and Apple Sauce !!!!

4 comments:

AshliO said...

Hey Cutie Patootie! It was YOUR wedding that inspired me to lose 20 pounds last year. And I DID IT! So, first of all, thanks for that. And, second, if I can do it, you can too. What worked for me was good old-fashioned calorie counting. I used a Web site called calorieking.com. There's also one called Sparkpeople that is free -- but I haven't checked it out. I think the key to weight loss is actually quite simple. Just finding out how many calories your body needs (for your height, weight and activity level), and then eat accordingly. LOG ALL YOUR CALORIES. It keeps you honest. Also, be very careful to eat enough, as too little will slow down your metabolism. Eat lots of whole grains too! You can do it girl. You are beautiful as is -- but it never hurts to get more healthy!

ed'WORD' said...

NO EXCUSES

REWARD YOURSELF FOR HARD WORK, BUT NOT VERY OFTEN.

NO EXCUSES

EAT RIGHT AND EXCERSIZE, especially when you don't want to.

NO EXCUSES EVER!

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

GO BRITT!!! I find that being active doing what I love best is the best excercise.

Unknown said...

I posted a blog entry almost exactly like this a moment ago and then I thought I'd pop in over here to see if you had any updates and you had the had posted a weight loss post too.. weird. We can do it!!