Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I got my Behind Kicked and I loved It !!!

So I have to admit I feel Like Rocky Balboa this morning....Why? you ask. Well because last night at 7:00 pm my wonderful, talented and beautiful sister-in-law Beckah (a.k.a. Mohammed Ali)introduced me to the wonderful world of Kickboxing.

Definition of Kickboxing:
A martial art and sport of attack and defense, in which competitors wear boxing gloves and throw punches as in boxing and kick with their bare feet as in karate.

Beckah and I are taking a Cardio Kickboxing class....NO, we are not fighting other people, but we sure did show the kickboxing dummy, who was the boss last night. I have never had as much fun exercising as I did last night. I was laughing, I was sweating, I was punching and I was kicking and I was even dancing a little bit. the only problem was I forget what right and left were last night and after the 10th time I accidentally kicked Beckah she so kindly would remind me what way I needed to be kicking...Sorry Beckah !!!

When I got home from my class my husband decided he wanted me to show him my new moves. I warned him that I could kick his behind, but he did not care. He got in his fighting pose and we were off. I sure did surprise him with a few jabs to the ribs, and upper cut and to finish him off I kicked in the side. Don't worry he should be fine he only has to wear the full body cast for the next 6 months.

To top all the excitement off, tonight Beckah and I are going to go buy pink boxing gloves... That alone will improve our skills about 110%. I will keep you posted on our walk to kickboxing fame.
PLEASE NOTE: No Eddies were harmed in the making of this posting.

4 comments:

ed'WORD' said...

I am so so so so so so happy you are finding something fun to do and all at the same time play with your sister in law. It makes me happy to see you happy. It is the most important thing to me. I love you, keep kickin, keep punchin', never give up!

AshliO said...

Things like pink boxing gloves are the reason Ally worships you and Aunt Beckah.

Unknown said...

Fantastic entry today sister. I'm glad to hear you've finally been able to show Eddie who's boss!! See you at class tomorrow.

Mohommed

Shaman said...

Sounds FUN! I want to play.