Tuesday, June 17, 2008

To My Sister-in-law...

Some days this "Grown up" thing is not as cool as it seems. I think that everyone has their hard times, some have it harder than others. Some of these “hard time” are real issues that you can't ignore and other I believe to be emotionally driven rather than a "real issue".

I was reading a posting that my sister-in-law Ashli wrote on her blog this morning, she seemed to be dealing with some hard time. I love Ashli and her family so very much that I wanted to take a minute and share some word with her......

Ashli, I have to say I look up to you, because how brave, strong, level headed and held-together you are. Not only because of how well you have handled what life has dealt you this past 6 month, but because of how I see you as a mother, a wife, a sister, a sister-in-law, a Christian and a daughter.
As a Mother, you have done an amazing job raising two very smart, funny and happy girls. These two girls are going to grow up to be beautiful respectful adults. Plus, let’s face it you have to be very brave to be a parent.

As a Wife, I see how much you care, love and nurture Brain. You make me want to be that kind of wife for Eddie.

As a Sister, I see you as being very important and loved by Eddie and Craig. Whenever I thank Eddie for being a gentleman he says" Don't thank me it was my sister, she taught me how to treat women with respect". Ashli ,I am thanking you now.

As a Sister-in-law, you made me feel like a part of the family from the moment you meet me. You have treated me as a sister rather than an in-law. To me you are the "big sister" I always wanted. You make me want to be a better "big sister" to my sister Destiny.

As a Christian, you set an example of how all people should be in their faith in god.

As a Daughter, I see how much Larry any Phyllis adore their little girl. Even though you are hundreds of miles away you still have a really close relationship with your mother, more so then her sons that live in the same town :) . Your father was telling a story about when you were born and how protective he was of his little girl. It made me want to cry it was so cute.

Ashli, Eddie and I love you so much. I could close by saying so quote like...... When life hands you lemons make lemonade, but instead I am going to tell you something that my Grandma said to be when I was going through a really hard time in my life........
Sometimes the only things you feel you can tell god are all the things that go are wrong in your life. To me those are some of the best days to thank god.
Smile we all love you and thank you for being Ashli.

1 comment:

AshliO said...

Brittany,
You have NO IDEA how much I wish I could hug you right now. I love you very much, and thank you doesn't seem like enough. I don't deserve everything you said. But I appreciate it more than you know. You are amazing, and I am very blessed that you are my sister-in-law. --Ashli