Monday, September 22, 2008

3 Birthday Cakes, 2 Restaurants, 1 Remodel

Well it happened; despite all my effort I turned 26!!!! I have to admit I had a blast doing it. As you can see by the title there was a lot of celebrating going on. Here are my three birthday cakes...

The birthday cake my parents made for me was strawberry shortcakes with a chocolate frosting in the center and it was really good. As you can see, my parent decided that I was 260 years old instead of 26.


Eddie made me a triple chocolate birthday cake. It was his first time ever making a birthday cake. He is so sweet and did a wonderful job. It was a very yummy cake.

My friend Joan made me a chocolate mousse birthday cake, but I like to call it slice of heaven cake.It was really good and she even posted the recipe on culinary queens.

But my birthday cake eating would not be complete without toasted almond fudge ice cream provided by my wonderful mother in law Phyllis. It is my favorite ice cream of all time.

Now on to the 2 restaurants...
The night of my birthday myself, Eddie and my family went to Tokyo Sushi for my birthday dinner. The sushi was great and we had a lot of fun listening to my dad try and pronounce different items on the menu, I think he finally got the hang of it by the end of the night.
The Saturday after my birthday myself, Eddie and my Greenwood clan went to Tres Hombres for dinner. It is by far the best Mexican restaurant ever. I had really good fried shrimp and rice. I really enjoyed the food and conversations with the family. Last but not least the 1 remodel...
If you know Eddie and me, you know that we can pretty much talk each other into anything and that we tend to do things on impulse. Well we woke up Friday morning and decided to remodel my bathroom. We really had no prior plans of doing it, but decided it would be a great time for it. So we bought paint, tiles, grout and had at it. When we finish I will post the before and after photos.


Things I did not list on my title...
I have to admit I was spoiled this birthday. I want to thank everyone for the wonderful gifts, I am very grateful for the thought and effort you put into them. I truly feel loved.


I will leave you with random photos taken from my birthday celebrations enjoy...


















3 comments:

AshliO said...

Well, you are pretty cute, Miss 26-year-old ... but somehow those pictures of London Laine steal the show! Now, my real question is: How many pounds did you gain eating all those cakes (teehee, just kidding)? I would give anything to be there celebrating with you. Love you, sweet sister. --Ash

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

What a fun birthday. Being surrounded by family is the best way to spend your big day. Can you believe your 26?! So many great things acomplished! Lova ya

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

Brit,
I'll admit. I'm jealous! it looked like tonez of fun, especially since you spent with your new beautiful family :L)