Tuesday, September 16, 2008

From Labor Day to Halloween (and do I dare to mention Christmas)

Between September 1st though October 31st Eddie and I have had and will continue to have a lot of adventures, actives and celebrations on our plates. Since I have not written about hardly any of them for a while I thought I would do a recap on what we have been up to. I would include more than this one picture of Eddie and I at Oktoberfest but I broke my memory card for my camera and lost about 300 pictures, so it will just be words for this post. I guess I will start with the things we have done....
  • We went to our friends Ryan and Lindsey for a Labor day party and in the middle of the party their basement started to flood (see details on Eddie's blog). But all and all it was a really good party with a lot of really good food and fun.
  • We had my mom and dad over for tacos and the open season game of the Utes. Eddie Loves the Utes so we made a big deal out of it. I think the Utes won against Michigan????? All that really matters is Eddie got to watch the game.
  • My good friend Anita had a beautiful baby girl and named her Avery!!!!!!
  • My friend Jessica (Anita's sister) got married at The Point. It had a wonderful view and really good food. She and her husband Looked so happy together.
  • We had really good Italian food that my friend Joan made for us. It was the best ever. She posted the recipes on Culinary Queens In Training, so you will have to check them out.
  • My sister set a date for her wedding August 1st 2009 I am so excited for her.
  • We went to Snowbird's version of Oktoberfest. The food was great, the entertainment was funny, the vendors were cool and the weather was perfect. While we were there we took a tram to the top of the mountain, walked though a tunnel in the mountain and road down the mountain on a ski lift. It was a very fun day.
  • Last weekend we ( Eddie myself and my family) went to The Utah State Fair were we road rides until our stomachs hurt from laughing and screaming ( I was the only one screaming). We had the worlds best roasted corn and Hawaiian chicken. We paid $3.00 to so see one of those "see it to believe it" side shows, all I can say is creepy. We stood next to a really big cow and looked at a lot of other farm animals. It was a typical day at the far. The only part I did not like was parking.
  • We came very close to adopting a dog form the shelter. It was a border collie, he was so cute. But unfortunately on our adoption interview Apollo and this other dog did not like each other ( it was mostly the other dog did not like Apollo, if you know Apollo he love every thing) so it was a no go. It broke my heart. Maybe in the future we will find another dog we would like to adopt.
  • I had a wonderful 15 minute conversation with my niece Abby that just turned 10, about her birthday. I enjoyed hearing about all the fun she had. Plus I did not have to share my phone time with Eddie. She is one amazing girl!!!!!

That pretty much sums up everything we have done so far. Now onto the things we are getting ready to do...

  • As you have probably read on my husband's blog I am turning 26 tomorrow. Eddie has a full weekend planned for me , Sushi with my parents, Mexican with my Greenwood's, a romantic evening just Eddie and I and some friends over for cake and ice cream. This should be more than effective on helping me forget that I am now in my late 20's.
  • We have started planning our annual Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner Party. Eddie and I throw one every year on or around Halloween. They are one of the funniest party to have. If you have never thrown or been to one you are missing out. The best part of these parties are that you can throw them year around for any age. I will make sure I post pictures of the party.
  • My sister and Mike have birthdays in October. My Little sis is turn 24 WOW that makes me feel even older. They are having a joint Karaoke party. It should be an interesting night.
  • My Baby (Apollo) is turning two in October. I know, you think I am crazy, but I don't have cute children to brag about like Ashli, Beckah and Aubrey. so I am going to brag about my dog!!!!
  • Unlike my Hubby I don't mind that they have Christmas stuff for sale in October. That is actually a huge help because I like to start my shopping for Christmas at the end of October. Why, you ask? Because when I start that early I am usually done with 99% of my shopping by Thanksgiving, So while everyone else is out fighting the crowds and bad weather during the Holiday rush , I am at home sipping on hot cocoa and looking at my trimmed tree.

Well that was my recap of what is happening with us. Leave a comment let me know what is on you plate? If you have ever been to a Murder Mystery Dinner? or What you do when it comes to shopping for the Holidays?

7 comments:

AshliO said...

You guys are just so darn cute ... living the life! Since you are starting your Christmas shopping now, you guys can go ahead and pick me up an iPhone and an iPod! (hint, hint!)

The Greenwoods said...

I think you deserve one for having to change Eddie's diapers. Actually you deserve like 3 Iphone and a trip around the world for doing those sister things.

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that Christmas stuff is out already! Gus scoffs and says "it's not even Halloween" but im so excited for all of the holidays! I can't wait to go shopping_We should go to Olive Garden,too.

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

Dearest friend,

I'm sad to miss your mystery party. I've always have wanted to go. But will just have to keep it open for next year.

Good luck :P )

AshliO said...

Happy Birthday today! Expect to hear from some little people late!

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

You are always on top of things. What a fun summer you have had. can you believe how mature you are getting?! Today will be a fantastic day for you! We love you!

Martha and Ty

Aubrey Anne said...

Happy Birthday!! (I know I'm late, sorry!) It sounds like your families and Eddie took good care of you, that's awesome. And your murder mystery party sounds like a blast! I used to throw parties like that in junior high/high school. It was so much fun!