Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Missing In Action

I know a lot of you have been wondering why I have been M.I.A. Well The short answer is I have been super busy at work. One of my Directors is on maturity leave and so I am not only doing my job but hers as well. By the time I get home and do all the other none work related things on my to do list it leaves little time to even check my emails let a lone write a blog post. Well Today I have a moment to write a post so I will get everyone up to speed as to what has been happening over this last month and a half.
First off I Have Great News!!!
Most of you that read this blog know that I am a Administrative Director over two Learning Center. You may be asking yourself "What does a Administrative Director Do?"
ANSWER: In my case, I handle all the Human resource, budgeting, some accounting, marketing, advertising, insurance, I am head of the management team, I write grant proposals, oversee grant fulfillment's etc, etc.
Basically I handle the "business" end of the company, and have taken over 90% of the owner's responsibilities. I have around 50 employees that I manage with help from the two center directors and three assistant directors. Ok now that you all know a little background about what I do for a living I can tell you the Great news...... as you can see I put the words "I write grant proposals" in bold well that is because that is where the great news is coming from. Up until about three months ago most of the grant proposals I have written have been for a rather small amount of money. Well, three months ago I wrote a grant proposal that would give the company almost triple digits worth of monies over the next three years. This grant proposal was by far the largest and the most intense proposal I have ever written. To tell the truth I did not think we would even get it. BUT Last month we received a letter in the mail informing us that our proposal has been excepted!!! I am so happy that we will be received this funding to improve a current program in our company. As this was a huge accomplishment for me Eddie surprised me with a celebration weekend get away. I know I know I am the world's luckiest woman, Eddie is the best. Thanks honey I love you so so much.
Like I said this was a surprise so as I got ready Friday night for our normal date night I really had no idea what Eddie has in store. All he told me was that I needed to bring a change of clothing. The first thing on Eddies list of wonderful surprises was he took me to feed the ducks, which was great because I had been asking him if we could fed the ducks for months.
From there Eddie took me to the Gateway Mall for a mini shopping spree. Eddie let me pick out a few new really cute outfits. I love going shopping with Eddie he always makes me feel good about the outfits I pick out but is honest with me when he doesn't like them.
After we shopped until we dropped, Eddie drove us to the Hotel Monaco downtown and informed me that we would be staying there for the night. I was so excited, not only was it a great hotel but we were in the heart of downtown.

After we settled in to the Hotel, Eddie told me that we could go anywhere I wanted to go for a night on the town, dinner and drinks were on him. We ran through a list of about a million places that would be great to hang out for the night and I finally decided on the dueling piano bar right next door to the hotel called "Keys on Main". We got there at about nine sat down had dinner then sang a long to songs, talked, laughed and just enjoyed the night until about one in the morning when we decided to head back to the Hotel and call it a night.
The next morning we got up and ate the best eggs Benedict I have ever had in the hotel restaurant. It was by far the best celebration for an accomplishment I have ever had. I have the world best husband and it was the worlds best time!!!
Well obviously that is not the only thing I have done in this past month but I think it is a good start. I will make another post very soon. Thanks for reading my blog!!!

4 comments:

Sam said...

well well well, it is about time! I know you are very busy and it is a good thing I see you more than others or I would start to wonder if eddie took away your blogging privledges. It is good to have you back and once again congrats on the hard work of the grant!

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

that's such a fun time!! I love that you went to feed ducks... you should post more date night activities. I need to get more motivated to do more outside of the movie date night.

Anonymous said...

Hi,


• We have just added your latest post "Missing In Action" to our Directory of Grant Programs . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

Project Grant Team

http://projectgrant.info

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

That is so huge!! this promotion has been long coming. you deserve it britt! So excited for you. Good things always happen to you girl! love you