Friday, June 19, 2009

2 Years Later

Eddie and I were married 2 years ago on June 14th a.k.a. Flag day and we have been together for three years as of June 6th. Now I know you are all expecting me to write about our wonderful weekend getaway and I will but not in this post.

this post is going to be about my thoughts on marriage and what it is like to be Eddies wife and a spouse in general. Please bare with me for this is going to be more of a random list full of one word sentences, half paragraph and so on and so forth then an actual story or whatever.

- Loving another person for who they are is 99% choice and 1% emotional butterfly feelings.

- I never knew half of my soul was missing until I meet Eddie and he filled it.

- Marriage is hard work period. but it is the most rewarding and satisfying thing when all your hard work pays off.

- Eddie is my best friend, not because we have so much in common or that we view life the same ways (because in a lot of cases we are different) he is my best friend because I enjoy his view on life and respect it regardless of my views and I know he feels the same. He is the one person I can be 100% me around and know that he will never think less of me even if he has a different opinion on the matter.

- WOW

- I try everyday to be the wife that God has intended me to be and respect my husband as the head of our family second only to God. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be but that will never stop me from trying.

- How can I describe Marriage.......... Do you know the tingling feeling the rushes over your body seconds before you get goose bumps?, the prickling feeling that seems to paralyze your body the moment before you jump into the fear of the unknown or the fluttering that seems to consume your stomach the instant you realize that you are having that”picture perfect” moment in life. Whenever these moments occur, the whole world seems to slow down but your heart beats faster.............

-There are two types of people in this world the first group are those people that prepare for a disaster before it ever happens they have emergency kits, food storage, a plan of action,etc. They are prepared for if and when these disasters happen (and in some cases they never do) but these people rest easier at night know that they are prepared just in case. The second group of people are not prepared and will never be prepared for what ever reason and when disaster happens they either fight tell the finish to make thing right or they throw in the towel. I am not saying one group of people are better then the other just some personality types like to be prepared in life. I think the same thing applies to marriage you can either be prepared for disaster that will more then likely come or you can try to find a plan of action after the disaster has hit and for a lot of people in this case they fight until they think they think they can't fight anymore and throw in the towel. Eddie and I have choose to be apart of the prepared group when it comes to our marriage we read relationship books, we try everyday to understand each other personality types and we work at our marriage everyday. I know that disaster will come along in our marriage and I want to be prepared for them, and who knows maybe being as prepared as we can it will be more like a small storm rather then a full on disaster.

-Are you prepared?

- I have know Eddie for three years now. I would say I know him better then anyone else he knows. That said I can still learn something new about him everyday and I do. All it really takes is keeping my eyes open and my ears turned on and I find things I may have missed up to this point or even things that just now came to be valid in our lives. To me it is amazing what you can learn just watching a person eat a meal.

- Wives cry a lot more then husbands. Good or bad.

- Women have a lot more words to use up in a day then men do.

- When you are wrestling with your husband trying with all of your might to not get ticked 1) realize it is a losing battle if your husband is a foot taller then you 2)Blankets on your legs really make it a losing battle 3)when he threatens to stick his tongue in your ear and nose and he actually starts doing it and you can't stop laughing and you should throw in the towel and say "Uncle"

- Being Married to Eddie is by far the best thing in the world. Hello who wouldn't be elated for the opportunity to spend the rest of their life with their best friend, their souls other half and of course their partner in crime!!!

- On that note; did you know it is a lot more fun to get into trouble, be embarrassed, laugh until you wet your pants and experience life unexpected moments your spouse. I know it is for me.

- Getting pooped on by a bird on a motorcycle is only funny when you are riding on Eddie's motorcycle with him. It is so funny in fact that if you are me you almost fall off the back because you are shacking from the laughter.

- Crying a bad day away is a lot easier when you can cry it away on your best friend's/ hubby's shoulder.

- It seems to me when you get married you forget your spouse's real name. I call eddie Babe,Stinky,Greenwood, EdDawg, hubby bubby and anything else I can think of before I call him Eddie. The same goes for him but the things he calls me turn my cheeks red so I will leave them out.

- The moment you get married everyone starts asking when you will have babies. ANSWER: Not for at least the next 2 to 3 years and that all depend on if Eddie and I are done being selfish with each other. Yes that will put me close to 30 or past thirty when we start having kids but as my Doctor told me (who happened to have her first at 38) I still am many many years away from having to worry about birth problems.

- Eddie makes me a better person as I do for him. He actively helps me reach my goals. " What are we going to do tonight Brain?" "the same thing we do every night Pinky... Try to take over the World!!!!" Eddie= Pinky & Brittany = The Brain
If you don't know where this is from I feel so sorry for you. And Yes Eddie makes me feel like I can take over the world.

OK well I have listed more things then all of you probably care to read and a put one to many un-necessary quotes so I am calling this a wrap. Leave a comment if you would like!!!

PEACE LOVE AND APPLES SAUCE!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are just disgustingly sweet to each other!.... but it's cute!

Craig Greenwood said...

That's my brother!

Tyson Gerber said...

Your marriage wisdom is SOOO beyond your years Britt. Seriously you guys are a great couple

Martha

JeanieB said...

Wow! Two years, already! Time really flies.